Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Illegal Immigrants and Smokey the Bear

I was watching the news today and there was a story about Sen. John McCain blaming illegal immigrants on the recent forest fire near the Arizona/Mexico border. The first thing that human rights activists assume is he is "demonizing" immigrants and "demonizing" Latinos.

My thoughts: Look at the facts, people. It's a border fire. So, how did this fire start? Were the desert critters having a bonfire that got out of control? No! Someone had to start this fire, and it sure wasn't Smokey. No, I'm not saying the Latino population as a whole should be held responsible for it. (I'm Hispanic. Why blame my brown side?) However, I believe those who are responsible for this and every other fire, should pony up and take their punishment like adults.

Oh, and for God's sake, stop making everything about McCain going after Latinos. He wants illegal immigrants out, and I agree with him. I sympathize with those who seek asylum and are turned away. I also agree that the system is fucked. Hopefully, something is done to fix that problem, but until then every single person crossing that border illegally are all the same to McCain and the law.


I feel better now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment